Colleagues and Fellow Veterans,
Did you know that Veterans have the opportunity to “earn and learn” in a Registered Apprenticeship while receiving GI Bill® education benefits? We want to help put Veterans in the driver’s seat when it comes to using their education benefits. We want them to be the most informed consumers … That is why we are working together with the Department of Labor (DOL) to make GI Bill approval for registered apprenticeship programs a seamless process.
Registered Apprenticeship programs are qualified to be “Approved for GI Bill”. Upon registration of a position with the Department of Labor, the company is provided the paperwork necessary to allow Veterans to receive a monthly stipend in addition to their wages.
Companies that participate in the Registered Apprenticeship Program are investing in their workforce through high quality training and career opportunities. Industries are on the lookout for talent and our Nation’s Veterans have proven to be knowledgeable and talented – linking them with apprenticeship opportunities will help get our Veterans on the road to a new career.
Please see the attached letter and fact sheets for more information regarding Registered Apprenticeships and their eligibility for GI Bill benefits. For more information on the Registered Apprenticeship Program please visit DOL’s website. For more information about VA education benefits, including apprenticeship and on-the-job training programs, please visit our GI Bill website.
Through the Registered Apprenticeship Program, Veterans can “learn, earn and succeed!”
- Registered Apprenticeship Sponsor Fact Sheet FINAL.PDF
- GI Bill FactSheet for Veterans (FINAL).pdf
- Signed DOL-VA Letter on the GI Bill for Registered Apprenticeship (FINAL….pdf
Curtis L. Coy
Deputy Under-Secretary for Economic Opportunity
Veterans Benefits Administration
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
VA Core Values: Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect, Excellence (“I CARE”)
- If you would like to review prior messages sent through this listserv, click http://benefits.va.gov/vow/economic_opportunity.htm.
- If you would like to research, find, access, and, in time, manage your VA benefits and personal information please visit and/or register at https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal.
- If you looking for a job or an employer committed to hiring Veterans, please register on the Veterans Employment Center (VEC) at: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/jobs
- If you are seeking employment in the federal government, particularly the VA, our VA for Vets high-tech tools and resources can help. Visit online at https://vaforvets.va.gov/Pages/default.aspxor call 1-855-824-8387.
If you would like to contact us about your VA education benefits:
- You can send us a secure email that will usually be answered within 48 hours. You can also search for answers to frequently asked questions and register to be notified of any updates to the information. This contact method is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can also be utilized worldwide. Click here to enter the “Ask A Question” site or here to review our frequently asked questions.
- You can call 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551). This line only accepts calls from 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM central time Monday – Friday